I like to think that demand generation can be described like an umbrella—an umbrella of marketing initiatives that get prospects and customers excited about your offerings. Demand generation can help you expand your reach into new accounts and regions, create a buzz, and build greater existing customer relations. Effective demand generation creates touch points throughout your entire sales cycle, decreasing the time it takes for a prospect to become a customer, and building long term buyer-seller relationships.
Social media is one of the many facets of demand generation with growing importance. Social media provides a way for you to reach your customers in real-time, listen to their pain points, and get your message across at scale. These stats provided are geared towards helping you organically create demand and influence on social media.
Now, the stats you have all been waiting for…
- Social media produces almost 200% more marketing leads than trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC. (Source: HubSpot)
Keeping this staggering number in mind, here are some important social media quotes that back up this notion.
- By spending as little as 6 hours per week, over 66% of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate. (Source: HubSpot)
- 74% of marketers who spend 40+ hours using social media per week earn new business through their efforts. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
Not sold on giving social media your time and budget? Consider this…
5. 58% of marketers indicate that their social media efforts have generated leads. Social media produces almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail. (Source: Business 2 Community)
6. 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands that they follow on Twitter, and 79% of those users will recommend those brands. (Source: Search Engine People)
For those who have dedicated program spend, statistics show that a diversification across popular social media really can bring in new business.
More tips and tricks
Want to get a strong start to your social media strategy? Start blogging. If you are already blogging, keep it up, and consider increasing your cadence. Here are some great stats to inspire your blogging efforts.
7. B2B companies that blog only 1-2X/month generate 70% more leads than those that don’t blog at all. (Source: HubSpot)
8. Companies that increase blogging from 3-5X/month to 6-8X/month almost double their leads. (Source: HubSpot)
By taking the right steps to improve your social media presence, you can also save on acquiring new customers.
9. U.S. inbound marketers spending more than $25K per year on social saved $14 dollars for every new customer acquired vs. those relying on outbound strategies. (Source: HubSpot)
Hopefully these 9 insightful stats have given you the motivation you need to increase your social presence!