I was excited to host this week’s guest on “A Drink With …”, SVP of Marketing at AlphaSense, Amy Holtzman.
Amy has been instrumental in the movement to create more exposure and opportunities for women in marketing. A co-founder of Women in Revenue Marketing and a founding member of Chief, Amy has been one of the most visible members of this movement.
Watch Amy and I enjoy a drink and discuss what she’s been up to amidst the pandemic. We also take live questions from the audience. Cheers!
Watch A Drink On-Demand
- Delijeh Snyder: Hi Katherine 😊
- Matt Heinz: Thank you Matt for addressing this.
- Matt Heinz: I’m deep in self-education, have been collecting links and videos and such here: https://www.heinzmarketing.com/2020/06/seeking-to-understand-links-videos-and-resources-for-education-awareness-and-action/
- Brett Ashton: Matt, I want to thank you so much for not only your opening comment as well as sharing some actionable steps.
- Cassie Fulton: Yess!! Baby Champs
- jim walker: wow. amazing team leadership! what did you weigh/consider in regards to a corporate level response or non-response?
- Brett Ashton: I’m speechless Amy Holtzman
- Sanjay: 1
- Cassie Fulton: Thank you for making this the first topic!! Very important
- Edyta Kosnik: Sounds awesome, I would love to join the group from UK!
- Edyta Kosnik: I am gonna get in touch 🙂
- Katherine Andruha: Thank you! I have to drop, but this was great and the attention to new organizations is awesome! Thank you for sharing!
- Sanjay: Have to drop. Thanks for the discussion.
- Maria Pergolino: I wear an event badge every day just in case
- Maria Pergolino: don’t lie – Chicago
- Eric Wittlake: Matt and Amy – would YOU think less of a company because they aren’t sponsoring a major event they always have in the past? (Personally, I wouldn’t, I believe many buyers understand companies will choose not to sponsor).
- Maria Pergolino: ooh – I am in love with Airbnb online experiences – go check them out – such an amazing way to connect across the world if you miss travel
- Brett Ashton: Amy, you made reference to those companies and marketers who AREN’T upleveling their virtual capabilities, how do you advise them to get with the program or are they mostly lost?
- Maria Pergolino: Great job amy!
We’re facing difficult times in society, but here are 4 things we can all do now:
- Educate yourself on the issues
- Amplify the message
- Donate to a cause or candidate
- Volunteer if you can
Business-wise, sometimes a marketing reset can help your team gain clarity around the core value of what you deliver. Amy shared that through these initial months of the Coronavirus pandemic, her team has shifted to some interesting new programs, including a recurring, data-driven email series highlighting recent industry updates. They started doing it, testing things out, and are already seeing “massive success”.
When it comes to professional development, Amy highlighted the importance of networking and continued learning not only in your job function but in related and complementary industry roles, too. She underscored Chief‘s concept of a Core Group as a great source of connection and community, where they combine peer-to-peer networking across job roles with relevant educational events.
And lastly, remember: The pandemic will end, but sales & marketing never will. Stay safe everyone!
Watch Other Episodes On Demand
Ready for another round? Watch our library of past episodes of A Drink With Matt Amundson, including sales and marketing leaders from a wide range of industries and roles. You’ll hear candid perspectives shared in a casual, happy-hour type virtual environment.
Join Our Next ‘A Drink With’
Attend the next A Drink With LIVE! Join Matt Amundson and a rotating special guest Wednesdays at 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Register here for the Zoom link.