This week on “A Drink With …” I was joined by the CEO of LeadMD, Justin Gray.
Since 2009, LeadMD has been providing full-service marketing to more than 3,500 businesses. LeadMD has been a premier partner of Marketo for as long as I can remember, working with some of Marketo’s top customers to help them utilize the platform to maximum potential.
A true renaissance man, in addition to running LeadMD, Justin also serves as the CEO of Six Bricks, an e-learning platform, serves as a Partner and Investor at Greyson Organics, is the Founding Partner at Graymatter Ventures, is a Limited Partner at Stage 2 Capital and writes a weekly column for Inc Magazine, and is a husband and father to two beautiful children.
This week we broke down what I believe was the greatest ABM campaign I’ve ever been a part of (run by LeadMD), long before people were even talking about ABM. Justin shared with us the marketing campaigns his clients are running that are working during the pandemic. He also made suggestions on how marketers can sharpen their skills while working from home.
New this week: Trivia!
We wrapped up the show with some trivia! Guests put on their thinking caps and brushed up on their Marketo trivia, with Beth McCullough winning the grand prize of a swag bag and bragging rights. Congrats, Beth! 🎊
Grab your go-to summer drink and enjoy the conversation, and don’t forget to tune into our next A Drink With… trivia for a chance to win awesome prizes!
Watch ‘A Drink With’ On-Demand
- Beth McCullough: Hot Tea
- jim walker: DIPA
- Max Lough: Cheers! Mine’s a lager.
- Matt Amundson: Nice!
- Umesh Sondhi: Whiskey…. poured the first one
- Michael Hartmann: wish I had a cocktail…alas in the car shuttling kids so its water for me. I’m sure you are disappointed, Matt.
- Michael Hartmann: there is no shortage of tech…there seems to be lots of misapplication of technology
- Michael Hartmann: much bigger issue now is a lack of consistent and complete integration of data between applications. I mean, when most orgs can’t even confidently identify their “customers” is a huge problem that needs to be solved.
- Matt Amundson: URL: https://thisjustworks.co/?invite=TJWMA2020
- Beth McCullough: I already signed up.
- Julie Lane: Done registering—I am a Jersey girl and we respect Maria and the philly girls!
- Matt Amundson: Thank you Beth and Julie!
Question 1: What was the first year Marketo’s Marketing Nation Summit was held in Las Vegas?
- Scott Edmonds: 2011
- Max Lough: 2009
- jim walker: 2016
- Beth McCullough: 2016
- Umesh Sondhi: 2017
- jim walker: EverString summit
Question 2: What rap duo reunited after 25 years during that Marketo Summit?
- Beth McCullough: DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince
- jim walker: I’m not answering this
Question 3: What company threw the party where they reunited?
- Beth McCullough: Everstring
Question 4: What is the name of Marketo’s website tracking code?
- Be’Anka Ashaolu: munchkin
- Scott Edmonds: munchkin
- Beth McCullough: Munchkin
- Umesh Sondhi: munchkin
Question 5: What year did Marketo go public?
- Scott Edmonds: 2013
- Umesh Sondhi: 2015
Question 6: What was Marketo’s stock ticker?
- Scott Edmonds: mkto
- Scott Edmonds: I don’t want to take all of em
Question 7: Since going public, Marketo has been acquired twice. Which two companies bought Marketo?
- Beth McCullough: Vista, Adobe
- jim walker: vista adobe
- Umesh Sondhi: vista adobe
- Umesh Sondhi: need to work on tying
Question 8: In Jon Miller’s famous “Secret Sauce of Marketo” he always mentions he was born in Ethiopia. His answer as to why he was born there is …?
- Beth McCullough: To be near his parents
- Shonal Narayan: The winner is …. Beth McCullough!!
- Beth McCullough: What do I win? 🙂
- Max Lough: Landslide!
Watch Other Episodes On Demand
Ready for another round? Watch our library of past episodes of A Drink With Matt Amundson, including sales and marketing leaders from a wide range of industries and roles. You’ll hear candid perspectives shared in a casual, happy-hour type virtual environment.
Join Our Next ‘A Drink With’
Attend the next A Drink With LIVE! Join Matt Amundson and a rotating special guest every other Wednesday at 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Register here for the Zoom link.