KD is a legend in the world of sales, sales development, coaching, enablement, and just about everything he puts his heart and mind into.
A constant on the tradeshow circuit, each time he takes the stage the audience walks away with both tactical knowledge of sales as well as renewed motivation to be the best version of themselves.
I know that whenever I get a few minutes with him, I leave the conversation feeling like I want to help my company close bigger deals and I also want to go do about 100 pushups.
So grab your favorite drink and watch this incredible conversation on-demand below!
Watch Kevin & Matt Share A Drink On-Demand
- Matthew Amalfitano: What’s up KD!
- richardbernstein: Tasty choice KD!
- Kevin Dorsey: Hell yeah Amalfitano!
- Katherine Andruha: Cold coffee – it is just one of those days….
- Shonal Narayan: Berry medley & mango smoothie
- Ranee Soundara: 2015 Barolo
- Beth McCullough: Sparkling water
- Michelle Pizzo: Iced coffee over here! Cheers everyone
- Allyson Bunker: gin, st. germain, lots of lemon juice, basil, ice 🙂 Vegas baby!
- Matt Heinz: Damn Allyson that is a drink!
- Allyson Bunker: Haha – it’s fantastic. Especially ideal for warm days.
- Ranee Soundara: LOL
- Katherine Andruha: What part of the job didn’t they do?
- Ranee Soundara: Of the three meetings with marketing, what were the other two meetings you had?
- David Dulany: Have you ever used automated Lead Qualification like Conversica, Exceed.ai etc… do those things actually work? Or do we still need humans
- Ranee Soundara: Have you seen opportunity with Direct Mail during coronavirus?
- Ranee Soundara: Yupppp — feedback loop w/real examples 10000000
- Beth McCullough: How do you encourage your team to give helpful feedback back to marketing and what feedback do they give?
- Matthew Amalfitano: Hahaha RTB
- Michelle Pizzo: RTBs!! haha
- David Dulany: Where my RTBs?
- David Dulany: I want more RTBs right now
- Travis Low: What are your thoughts around onshore sales outsourcing? Does it ever make sense for small companies to do this?
- Matthew Amalfitano: Yeah true that
- Sheen Dhar: good question!
- Matthew Amalfitano: Yup super strict ICP
- Katherine Andruha: Gotta jump! Great content!
- Matthew Amalfitano: hahaha
- Scott Edmonds: *ducking
- Dani Condon: Love that!
- Scott Edmonds: NOOOOOOO
- Matthew Amalfitano: I just wanna see the Lakers finally win it this year
- Scott Edmonds: Forgot about mookie
- Scott Edmonds: dammit
- Ranee Soundara: My hometown is Seattle… MLB is… lol…. well we stink
- Scott Edmonds: Ranee, was cool watching the old Sonics teams in the Jordan documentary
- Scott Edmonds: @matt, what was the drink? i was late again.
- Ranee Soundara: @Scott – You mean watching Michael Jordan laugh out loud at Gary Payton’s comments? Lol
- Lou M: COVID kind of made it okay for the kids in the background of video calls!
- Austin Lacouvee: For sure^^^
- Ranee Soundara: I love seeing the kids, I feel like other humans exist lol
- Sheen Dhar: i need to do that! set reminder to get up and leave
- David Dulany: stop
- David Dulany: lol
- David Dulany: thanks
- Sheen Dhar: what motivated you to become a manager and teacher ?
- Ranee Soundara: Thank youuuu!!
- Dani Condon: Thank you!!
- Sheen Dhar: thanks!!!
- geri kleeman: such great and interesting info – thanks!
- Dylan Garza: Thank you KD!
- Travis Low: Good stuff. Appreciate the time! Thank you, both
- Jagannath Das: thanks KD
- Ranee Soundara: This was great – thanks so much Matt and Kevin!!
- Beth McCullough: Thank you!!
- Matthew Amalfitano: Great stuff as always KD
- Jagannath Das: thanks Matt
- David Dulany: Always great ! thanks you guys
- Beth McCullough: Cheers!
HUGE takeaway from our live show: In the midst of one of the most difficult professional circumstances any of us has had to deal with, KD elected to focus not on volume, but on his people.
“When coronavirus hit I didn’t focus on cold-calling, I focused on my cold-callers.” – Kevin Dorsey, VP Inside Sales, PatientPop.
How many of you have spent your time focusing on your people rather than focusing on how to make it through this situation?
Maybe it’s not the pandemic that’s holding a business back, maybe it’s the lack of attention we are paying to our teams.
And lastly, remember: The pandemic will end, but sales & marketing never will. Stay safe everyone!
Watch Other Episodes On Demand
Ready for another round? Watch our library of past episodes of A Drink With Matt Amundson, including sales and marketing leaders from a wide range of industries and roles. You’ll hear candid perspectives shared in a casual, happy-hour type virtual environment.
Join Our Next ‘A Drink With’
Attend the next A Drink With LIVE! Join Matt Amundson and a rotating special guest Wednesdays at 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Register here for the Zoom link.