A seasoned marketer, Kyle has made his career working for some amazing organizations including ExactTarget, Salesforce, OpenView Venture Partners, and now Lessonly. Kyle is also the head of the Indianapolis Chapter of The Revenue Collective.
A pioneer of the Indianapolis tech scene, Kyle has helped turn a city known for the Pacers, the Colts, and the most famous American F1 Race into a center of technological excellence.
During this conversation we discussed how Kyle has maintained growth at Lessonly during the pandemic, the benefits of working with The Revenue Collective, and how he’s planning for the remainder of the year.
Please grab your favorite drink and enjoy the conversation!
Watch ‘A Drink With’ On-Demand
- Maria Pergolino: Matt’s shirt is my home address.
- Michael Hartmann: I remember the ExactTarget conference when Richard Branson spoke…
- Kyle Lacy: My first ET event!
- Michael Hartmann: Do you remember the woman who, during Q&A, asked him to dinner?
- Russell Banzon: Same experience w/ Kyle – the man is too generous
- Michael Hartmann: Rye and Ginger
- Russell Banzon: Water 🙂
- Katie Fritchen: OMG!!! I need some web design agency/contractor recommendations!Mine needs help 🙁 Love Lessonly’s site
- Michael Hartmann: I wanted vodka tonic, but out of vodka 🙁
- Shonal Narayan: Matt is that shirt a shmedium? You’re crushing the Peloton game!
- Maria Pergolino: Re restaurants: told you
- Michael Hartmann: And, don’t expect football this fall
- Delijeh Snyder: Maria LOL
- Kate O’Neil: I hired an awesome marketer out of YoungLife too!
- Katie Fritchen: Totally agree. Mindset & attitude are everything
- Katherine Andruha: Lessonly is great we use it as Coursera!
- Katie Fritchen: We didn’t shut down our SDR/marketing emails, but I did incorporate a “Give Me A Break” CTA. People just had to click a button and we removed them from all sales/marketing call & email lists for 90 days
- Katie Fritchen: Worked really well. Open rates increased during lockdown and unsubs were very low
- Matt Amundson: That’s awesome, Katie!
- Russell Banzon: I tried to do that – and the SDR leader talked me off the ledge… #winasateam
- Michael Hartmann: If you hire the right people, you need to trust them to make good decisions within some guidelines
- Kate O’Neil: ^ Totally agree, Michael!
- Kate O’Neil: Appreciate the humility in the convo here.
- Russell Banzon: Need to hop out to talk about quotas — thanks Matt & Kyle!
- Russell Banzon: (Yes, I’d rather listen to Kyle than talk about quotas)
- Michael Hartmann: Are you finding better results from virtual events that are mostly one-way or those that are more interactive?
- Katie Fritchen: I probably missed this… did you ship to their homes?
- Lauren Barraco: Were your reps doing those events with multiple customers/prospects in the same session? Or was it a single customer with multiple contacts from that company?
- David Dulany: this is making me hungry
- Katie Fritchen: ^ +1 Lauren
- Katie Fritchen: thx
- Kate O’Neil: Drinking my rose as we speak
- Laura Spehar: What time of day did you host these?
- Kate O’Neil: How would you categorize Lessonly’s stage?
- Maria Pergolino: Does anyone know why Matt hates llamas so much? Is it just not his vibe?
- Katie Fritchen: Hahahaha!
- Matt Amundson: IT’s a vibe
- Kate O’Neil: Good question, Maria! Haha
- Katie Fritchen: He seems more like a shark guy 😉
- Michael Hartmann: I’m with Matt on that one…had a llama at a safari park (drive through) and had one spit up on my and my toddler son. Gross
- Michael Hartmann: Another great session, Matt. Thanks to you and Kyle, but gotta run
- Ross Van Wyk: PFL is solving for that problem – sending to home addresses
- Kate O’Neil: Hell yea
- Katie Fritchen: Totes
- Delijeh Snyder: Thank you Matt and Kyle!!
- Delijeh Snyder: LOL
- Laura Spehar: This was great. Thank you
- Delijeh Snyder: CHEERS
- Jagannath Das: this was great. thanks
Watch Other Episodes On Demand
Ready for another round? Watch our library of past episodes of A Drink With Matt Amundson, including sales and marketing leaders from a wide range of industries and roles. You’ll hear candid perspectives shared in a casual, happy-hour type virtual environment.
Join Our Next ‘A Drink With’
Attend the next A Drink With LIVE! Join Matt Amundson and a rotating special guest every other Wednesday at 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Register here for the Zoom link.