In mid-November, nearly 200,000 tech professionals will flock to San Francisco for Dreamforce 2019, the highly-anticipated 4-day conference event of the year. Hosted by Salesforce, this business-meets-tech extravaganza features thousands of sessions, dozens of keynotes, plus games, giveaways, parties and MUCH more!
To help you make the most of Dreamforce, EverString compiled this guide of insider tips you need to know (plus some things you never knew you needed, until now!). Browse around below to optimize your ‘Dream’-filled days!
Planning for Dreamforce
To get you started, here’s a summary of key Dreamforce information and relevant links:
- Dates: Tuesday, November 19 thru Friday, November 22, 2019
- Times: View full schedule here
- Location: Moscone Center, 747 Howard St, San Francisco, CA 94103 (and surrounding venues)
- Registration: SOLD OUT, but available with a code or a free Expo+ pass www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/register
- Sessions: Browse the 2,700+ sessions
- Types of Attendees: All business professionals, including sales, marketing, IT, data, finance, operations, legal and much more. View sessions for more details.
- Expo Hall: View exhibitor information
Dreamforce attendees have lots of options for getting to and around San Francisco. Below you’ll find key resources and apps to help you get where you need to go!
Getting To Dreamforce
From one of the regional airports, BART (Bay Area Regional Transit) is available from SFO and Oakland Airports.
From BART, exit at either the Montgomery Station (or Powell Street Station which are closest to Moscone Center.
| BART from Oakland Airport to Moscone Center |
(Approx. 45 mins)
| BART from SFO Airport to Moscone Center |
(Approx. 30 mins)
PRO TIP: Once you’ve arrived and reached street level, stop by the stylish Mazarine Coffee (720 Market Street) for a delicious Parisian-style espresso and/or bite to eat. You could also walk a couple more blocks to Boudin Bakery Cafe (251 Geary Street) and score some authentic San Francisco sourdough bread!
Taxis are typically ready and waiting outside baggage claim, often easier to locate than requesting an airport pick up from a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber.
If you drive yourself into San Francisco, be sure to check your hotel parking options or scope out a public parking lot. There are several near Dreamforce, offering either hourly or daily fees.
PRO TIP: If you decide to drive in, find parking in advance by using a service like Parking Panda to help identify your closest public parking facilities along with pricing and reservation options.
Traveling Around Dreamforce
Once you arrive, San Francisco has several public transportation options to get around the city, plus the more private transportation choices.
- Muni ($): the above & underground subway serving San Francisco city limits
- Samtrans ($): bus service reaching throughout the SF Bay Area
- BART ($): above & underground subway serving SF, East Bay, and parts of the Peninsula
- Bicycle rentals ($$): lots of places to rent 2-wheels throughout the city
- Scooter rentals ($$): Borrow a 2-wheel scooter from Scoot or Skip
- Uber and Lyft ($$$): on-demand ride services
Exploring Beyond Dreamforce
If you find yourself with extra time and feel like expanding your visit, there are plenty of ways to travel throughout the Bay Area:
- BART ($): serves limited regional areas around SF
- Caltrain ($$): commuter rail line serving the Peninsula and the Santa Clara Valley
- Shuttle service ($$$): plenty of private car services can offer pre-reserved shuttle
- Car rental ($$$): rent a car through Enterprise, Budget or others nearby
- Car share ($$$): services like Zipcar and Getaround offer wheels on demand, too
PRO TIP: Download a free itinerary tool, like TripIt, to help consolidate your travel details including flight alerts, hotel reservations, tours, and activities all into a single screen.
Whether you’re traveling from near or far to Dreamforce, it’s important to know what to bring with you. On the flip side, knowing what not to bring can be just as useful. No one wants to lug around extra gear if you don’t have to. So we’ve created lists of what to bring and what to leave at home:
What To Bring
- ID / Driver’s License
- Laptop or notebook + pen
- Portable battery charger & cords
- Comfortable backpack
- Extra swag bag
- Supportive shoes
- Extra layer (jacket, sweater)
- Reusable water bottle
- Compression socks
- First-aid kit
- Hand sanitizer
- Gum or breath mints
- Business cards
- A list of companies you want to connect with
What NOT To Bring
- Uncomfortable shoes (heels are NOT recommended)
- Anything heavy that you’ll need to haul around the conference
- Pets or kids
- Anything valuable or irreplaceable
PRO TIP: Want more packing advice? Check out Salesforce’s blog for links to their pre, during and post-Dreamforce packing lists.
Win the Ultimate Dreamforce Swag Pack!
Score the best swag at Dreamforce without the hassle of carrying it home
Two chances to win!
- Fill out and submit the form on this page.
- Post a picture of the best swag you see at DF19 on social media with #Swagforce.
Relax, recharge and refuel with EverString and Sendoso at The Oasis Grill
Where: Oasis Grill @ 200 4th St, San Francisco
When: November 19-22, 2019
Enjoy food, games, and great conversations, too! Schedule your meeting here >>
Business Time at Dreamforce
How To Build Your Schedule
With so many sessions, tracks, events, and activities to participate in, many attendees feel overwhelmed trying to fit it all in. We’ve gathered these pro tips for how to optimize your hours at Dreamforce:
- Consider the number of sessions you can realistically attend per day while still leaving room for some spontaneity and ad hoc networking.
- Seek to strike a healthy balance between education and networking. A good rule to follow is 60/40, where 60% of your time is spent on educational pursuits and the other 40% on networking and relationship-building.
- Fuel up with enough healthy food and carry some quick snacks to help feed your hunger in case a meeting runs longer than expected. Here are some healthy on-the-go snack ideas.
- Use the Salesforce Trailhead Training Module to learn more about the conference, get advice for developing your game plan, and other tips to get the most from your Dreamforce experience.
- Pencil in some time to recharge your personal energy. Whether that’s solo time outdoors, or a casual coffee catch up with a friend, make sure you design your schedule to include time to regroup.
Dreamforce organizes its conference sessions in several ways, including by job role, product, industry, and theme. Themes are especially helpful for attendees seeking a particular focus area, such as Equality, Women in Technology, or Bitcoin. Once a theme is selected, you can browse a sorted list of sessions related to that topic.
Getting Clear On Your Goals
Regardless of which method you choose to approach your planning, ask yourself these questions to get clear about your goals:
- What sessions or events do I need to attend?
- Which speakers or companies do I need to connect with?
- What skills or education do I need to obtain?
- What additional activities or meetings should I fit in while in San Francisco?
- How will I measure if the conference was successful for me and my job role?
PRO TIP: Be sure to download the Salesforce Event app to find sessions, sync your agenda, and navigate around all the action.
Learn The Lingo
Dreamforce has it’s own set of terms to learn. Below we’ve listed out the common Dreamforce lingo you’ll hear during the conference:
- Dreamtalks – The Salesforce version of a TED Talk, ranging 30-60 mins, featuring leading experts and luminaries
- Theater Sessions – 20-min sessions with product & industry experts
- Breakout Sessions – Over 2,700 including product deep dive, customer testimonial stories
- Circles of Success – Customer Success-led, table discussions grouped by job roles
- Workshops – Similar to Circles but without a facilitator at each table; peer-to-peer collaboration
- Activities – Anything other than the above; No seat reservations required
- Campground – The heart of Dreamforce where learning journeys begin, including showcasing products, immersive customer experiences and much more!
- Lodges – Organized by line-of-business or industry, including demos and organized by sessions; Great place to recharge and connect between other scheduled items
- Stations – Similar to Lodges and related to product types, but unattributed to particular learning tracks or sessions
Salesforce has some great video tracks that explain these terms a bit more. Watch here >>
To help you navigate the funtivities, here’s a map with some key markers:
For an idea of the regions included in the SF Bay Area, here’s a color-coded map (source):
Treat Yo’ Self at Dreamforce
Dreamforce 2019 Parties & Events
Dreamforce is all about maximizing your fun quadrant. Beyond the conference sessions and keynotes, you’ll see tons of parties, networking opportunities, games, and other festivities sprinkled all around San Francisco.
Below is a list of the special occasions you won’t want to miss, including who you can expect to see at each location.
8 am to 5 pm – The Ultimate Dreamforce Oasis With EverString
Join EverString and Sendoso all week long at the Oasis Grill, 200 4th St, San Francisco. food, games, and great conversations. While there, everyone that takes a 30-min demo will receive a FREE Amazon Fire 7 tablet! (one per company) Schedule your demo time here >>
Here’s a VIP Dreamforce experience complete with a tequila tasting, cigar rolling, hors d’oeuvres, giveaways, and more. TalkDesk will be hosting this VIP event at the same time and place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Click for details >>
Monday, November 18
6:30 pm – Ladies Be Architects’ Fundraiser
Great event for women Salesforce architects. Grab some food and drinks after a day of traveling or prepping for Dreamforce before everyone heads over to PepUpTech karaoke night. Click here to register >>
7:30 pm – PepUp Tech’s Karaoke For A Cause
Hosted on the night before the official conference activities begin, PepUP Tech hosts drinks, food, and lots of fun. The event helps PepUp Tech support tech training programs for underrepresented children and adults across the United States. Come have fun and make a difference, too! Click here for details >>
8 pm – Simplus Power Up Party
Kick off the week in style! Enjoy food, drinks, friends and great views of San Francisco await you at Cityscape at the top of the Hilton Union Square. The view alone will get you energized for the week ahead. Dance, eat, and game the night away upstairs. Then, when you’re ready to relax, journey to the recessed Zen Room for massages, shoe shines, and more. Request an invite here >>
Tuesday, November 19
All Day – Drift’s HyperGrowth Party
Hear from Conversational Marketing masters who have implemented conversational strategies that have changed the way their business operates. You’ll hear real examples of how you can use Conversational Marketing to transform over 10 different areas of your marketing (think: Events, Email, Content, ABM, etc.). Register here >>
8 am – Newbie Reunion Party
Attend the Newbie Reunion organized by Eric Dreshfield – A Dreamforce party where you can officially make some personal connections before stepping into the chaos of Dreamforce 2019. And don’t let the name fool you. This Dreamforce 2019 party is open to everyone attending Dreamforce. Purchase tickets here >>
4 pm – Après Force Happy Hour
After a long first day at Dreamforce, join Outreach for some food, drinks and sweet 80s jams. Join the guest list >>
5 pm – Ad Victoriam’s Taco Tuesday
Ad Victoriam is serving up hot tacos and cold margaritas. Sip on the Verde Victoriam drink special that’s described as tall, green, and refreshing. You’ll also get the chance to play some of your favorite game and snag a surprise party favor. Click the link above to request an invite! Request a spot >>
5 pm – The President’s Club Bash
Kick off the start of Dreamforce with Clari’s President’s Club Bash at the Executive Order Bar and Lounge. Mingle with other sales, marketing, and revenue leaders. Space is limited so register today >>
Meet FormAssembly’s CEO while networking with other tech professionals. Enjoy scrumptious food and drinks while getting the chance to take home some noteworthy party favors. Register for happy hour here >>
5 pm – Modern Sales Happy Hour
You don’t even need to be attending Dreamforce to come hangout with Modern Sales Dreamforce Team. Sales leadership only. No individual contributors. RSVP here >>
5:30 pm – AE of the Year Awards Bash
Hosted by Chili Piper, this event celebrates Account Executives, including awarding the #1 AE $10,000 in cash! Register here >>
This event offers the perfect combination of swanky jazz lounge, craft cocktail bar, and New American bistro. Enjoy a night of connecting with like-minded individuals and enjoying live music. Event details here >>
6 pm – Cloudflare Happy Hour
Take a short walk from the Moscone Center and enjoy this happy hour featuring cocktails in a newly renovated space with 360-degree views of San Francisco! View details here >>
Stay tuned as more details become available for this year’s party, but past years have featured giant Rubik’s Cubes, games of Jenga, and more; not to mention food, drinks, and desserts. Yum! Learn more here >>
Join the live webinar panel debate and cocktail party! The CMO-oriented topic: Is an MQL relevant today? Mingle with marketers and enjoy a few drinks while unwinding from the first day of Dreamforce. Details here >>
6:30 pm – Women in Revenue at OpStars
Hear a panel of revenue-oriented women from places like People.ai, IBM iX, Conversica, share insights about the direction of key revenue roles throughout an organization, as well as advice on growing a career in revenue. Click here for details >>
7 pm – Conga’s Silent Disco
If you’ve never been to a silent disco, you’ve got to try this one-of-a-kind dance craze. Multiple DJs show off their talents and attendees get to choose their own adventure! Add your name to the list >>
8 pm – WalkMe Party
LinkedIn’s San Francisco HQ will be partying it up, enjoying great music, a full bar, and delicious bites. Stop by the rockstar poster photo booth complete with costumes and props! Register here >>
Wednesday, November 20
Enjoy breakfast, coffee, and tech stack audits while you relax with onsite massages, too! You’ll also learn about to scale revenue with automation with expert insights from the teams at Looker and Tray.io. Reserve your tickets here >>
3 pm – Vino & Vinyl Happy Hour
Ambition, Chorus, and Outreach are joining forces to host this happy hour, chock-full of wine, music, and fun! Plus, one lucky attendee will have the chance to win a 3-month wine club membership or a portable record player. Event details here >>
NewVoiceMedia invites you to join them for appetizers, drinks, and a livestream of the Dreamforce keynote in the Vonage Hub at the Virgin Hotel. Reserve a seat while space is available >>
Before the Dreamfest concert, enjoy free food & drinks at Computer Future’s pregame/dinner before the Dreamfest concert. Request an invitation here >>
Check out this exclusive event that celebrates some of the two important eras from the last century, 1920s and 1970s. Enjoy specialty cocktails from both decades.Details here >>
7 pm – Dreamfest
8 pm – SalesLoft After Party
After a busy week, let loose at SalesLoft’s Dreamforce After Party hosted at Temple Nightclub. Enjoy music, dancing, entertainment, food and beverages while you network with your peers. Request to join the list >>
Thursday, November 21
Start your day off right with breakfast, coffee, onsite massages (yes, we are serious), and tech stack audits. You’ll also learn about to scale revenue with automation with expert insights from the teams at Looker and Tray.io. Reserve your spot here >>
8:30 am – Women in Tech Breakfast
Join Lori Richardson from Score More Sales to fuel up for the second day of Dreamforce! Sign up here >>
4 pm – Sales Hacker Happy Hour
Hang out with the Sales Hacker community while you’re at Dreamforce! Request your invite here >>
5 pm – K2 Dreamforce Reception
Join members of the K2 Partnering team to discuss all things Salesforce over drinks and light hors d’oeuvres. More details here >>
Perfect for B2B Marketers, dive into a party packed with your peers and enjoy live music, an open bar, and late-night snacks at City Nights. Sign up here >>
7:30 pm – Nintex’s Customer Appreciation Party
Taking place at the Penthouse Suite of the world-renowned Fairmont Hotel at the top of Nob Hill, this venue offers breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline and has hosted the likes of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, and more. RSVP today >>
9 pm – The Engagement Party
Hosted by Idealist Consulting, this is one of the biggest nonprofit parties at Dreamforce. Proceeds and donations from the event go toward Amplify, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering underrepresented voices in the Salesforce.org ecosystem. Register here >>
Hosted by Demandbase, this is a great place for ABMs to play. You’ll find premium cocktails, yummy appetizers, and a roomful of guests ready to boogie the night away. Add your name to the list here >>
Friday, November 22
8:30 am – Rise Brunch with FinancialForce
Put a bow on your Dreamforce 2019 experience with mimosas and chill time hosted by FinancialForce. It’s a great way to recover, relax, and recap the week before you venture home. Register here >>
In case you need to replace some gear on-the-go, here are some stores near Moscone Center:
- Target (789 Mission Street)
- Apple Store at Union Square (300 Post Street)
- Best Buy (1717 Harrison Street)
- Bose (845 Market Street)
While you’re shopping, pick up a San Francisco treat from one of these favorite tourist stops:
Just because your traveling doesn’t mean your fitness routine has to suffer. We’ve compiled several tips to keep your health front-of-mind during Dreamforce 2019:
- Skip the elevator or escalator and take the stairs whenever possible.
- Turn your fitness tracker on. You might be surprised at how many steps you take!
- Dance like a rockstar! Join one of the after-parties and shake your money maker.
- Walk from Moscone Center to Coit Tower (and even up the Tower, if you’ve still got steam)
- The Embarcadero makes a great, bayside running route
- Plenty of yoga studios near Moscone Center
- Check out a Bay Area cyclist favorite: SoulCycle
Safety & Security
San Franciscans are a welcoming bunch, but just like any major city savvy travelers keep an eye on safety at all times. Here are some security things to keep in mind during your trip:
- Leave your valuables at home
- Buddy system
- Stay in crowded areas
- Don’t leave your drink unattended
- Public transportation late at night can be dicey so it might be worthwhile to spurge on private transportation
- Locations to avoid after dark. The tenderloin
- Subscribe to receive local safety alerts via text with Nixle. Just text your zip code to 888777.
Fun Things To Do In & Around SF
The Bay Area is full of wonderful hidden treasures sprinkled throughout the North Bay, East Bay, Peninsula and South Bay. If you’ve got the time, consider exploring beyond San Francisco. Here are some fun attractions, including their travel time distance from Dreamforce.
In The City
|Sights To See||Travel Time from Moscone Center|
|Lombard Street||20 min via car|
|The Painted Ladies||30 min via public transit|
|Dolores Park in the Mission District||20 min via public transit|
|SF Museum of Modern Art||3 min walk|
|SF Museum of Ice Cream||9 min walk|
|Visit the Ferry Building & take a ferry ride||15 min via public transit|
|Fisherman’s Wharf||20 min via car|
|Coit Tower||30 min via public transit|
- Downtown Sausalito or Tiburon
- Wine tasting in Napa or Sonoma County
- Walk amongst the giant Redwood Trees at Muir Woods National Monument
- Jack London Square
- Chabot Space & Science Center
- Cal Berkeley University
- Computer History Museum
- Fioli Historic Farm & Gardens
- Beachside town, Half Moon Bay
- Winchester Mystery House
- Levi’s Stadium (Home of the SF 49ers)
- Santana Row (great shopping district)
There you have it! We hope you found this Dreamforce Guide useful. Be sure to bookmark it, share with friends and enjoy your conference festivities!